Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spoonflower contest: robots

Hopefully this will be a semi-regular feature around here.

For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a fabric designer, and then when I got the opportunity, I thought "dohh, what do I design?". Yeah, there can only be so many bicycle, bird, polka dot, tromp o'lei lace fabrics in the world.

But, apparently, there is no limit on robot fabrics!

Build-A-Robot
Build-A-Robot! Just cut on the dotted lines, line up as desired, and sew with a 1/4" seam. Voila! Custom robots.
The entire design was made by hand using cut construction paper and micron pens. Kinda silly, I know, but super fun (and time consuming) to make!

robots, in my fabric?
(this is an approximation of what the fabric would look like once printed, cut, and sewn together)

Spoonflower is an on-demand digital textile printing company. They hold bi-weekly contests for fabric designs centered around a theme, which the public then votes on. The winner receives a $100 Spoonflower credit.

You can go here to vote for my design (it's on page three, towards to bottom). And if you think mine isn't the best, which is totally okay (there are some really awesome robots in there!), you can vote for more than one design, just read the directions at the top of the page. I hope to be included in your votes. :)

1 comments:

kaylah said...

this is GENIUS! seriously, what an amazing idea!