Friday, April 16, 2010

log cabin love

I can't believe that a week ago this was just a stack of half-finished four year old blocks in my "to-do/never-going-to-do" pile.

log cabin love

I love it. It's funny how in the beginning I was planning on straight setting these. Wow, look at how wonky those center blocks are! I'm glad I went with it. Every time I turn around I beam at how perfect it is.

scrappy candy shop

It pretty much consumed me, I couldn't work on anything else until it was done. Now, the quilting part on this one doesn't excite me as much...have no idea what direction I'm going to take it (any ideas?)...so off to other projects I go! This is staying on the wall as just a quilt top for now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so gorgeous! I love the way the wonky edges give it so much character. It seems a lot easier than it looks (great tutorial). I can't wait to try it someday!

Brianna! said...

Um Miss.
It's STUNNING
and I want it.

xoxo
bB***

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow that's beautiful!

error 404 said...

LOVE IT

moira said...

this has inspired me - thanks!