Tuesday, April 20, 2010

home again home again

How many times can one girl move in a one year period? So far, three.

We're getting a house! No...not buying, just renting.

We threw our hat in for it on Friday and all weekend I was a mess of daydreaming.

Daydreaming about...


glass front cabinets in the kitchen...


a (possibly working gas?) fireplace and mantle...


a washer and drier(!)...


a dishwasher(!!)...

as well as a garbage disposal, swinging kitchen door, full basement with room for the boy to play music in, screened in back porch, detached two car garage, two bedrooms (one of which will be my dedicated sewing room/office!..with three windows and a small closet!), and a backyard with room to grow.

Granted, you have to imagine it is a very dull looking rental house that at one time had hardwood floors and now has bad laminate and bad hotel carpet.

BUT it's got the bones and we've got the meat and in the coming weeks we are going to make it work.

(all images via weheartit)

2 comments:

Sarah Emily said...

Hi! I'm just an elsie fan but i love your blog!!! May I ask how you made your banner that says "courtney janelle sews"? SOOOO CUTE!

courtney.janelle.sews said...

Hi Sarah! Ohh no one is "just" an elsie fan, hehe! Plus I'm a fan of the lady too so there's something we have in common. for my header I drew the words out on paper and photographed it, cropped & edited in PS, cut out the background from a picture I'd already taken of the flower and copy&pasted it a couple times...voila!
Thanks for visiting. :)