Sunday, March 20, 2011

yes, i sewed something

Can you believe it? No, me either.

I sewed more the past two days than I have in the past two months.

I needed a little Spring pick-me-up project. Something to get me out of the work-week routine blues.
And, I had thrifted this adorable little frame last week for $3 and almost instantly had a vision for what I wanted to put in it.

IMG_5180
Just like that, problems solved.

But then I had a new problem. In order to make one of these blocks, I had to make seven of these blocks.
[it was made with this quilt tutorial vaguely in mind; I started with seven 13" squares, and instead of cutting into a nine-patch, I cut them in a radial pattern]
So, what to do with the remaining six?

IMG_5191
Duh.

IMG_5192
An idea of the scale, and my crazy long toes.
Also, crazy sunset lighting.

IMG_5197
I didn't want the blocks to get lost by being next to each other. But, I didn't have enough white in my stash for sashing. Then I remembered this almost-white sheet I thrifted the other day! Okay, so maybe it's a little (a lot) busy...but I dig it. I think it might benefit from some strategic quilting. Though, that step could be years from now, so I'm going to try not to think too hard about it. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty! I love how you've framed those fabrics...what a great idea! :)

Karen said...

Love your babycham fawn/character on your bedroom wall ... they used to produce that drink a few miles from where I live in the UK and when I was growing up there used to be a giant fawn on the factory roof and I loved looking at it.

Love your quilting

Karen
xx